The Women’s Small College Commissioner is responsible for leading National Collegiate Rugby’s Small College Division, which includes 100 teams across the country. Reporting to the Director of Women’s Rugby, this role works closely with Conference Commissioners and other NCR staff to deliver a successful regular season and championship programs for both the Fall 15s and Spring 7s seasons.
- Establish and manage a Competitions Committee with responsibilities including reviewing and providing recommendations regarding competition structures (such as playoff brackets), selection of venues, eligibility, ideas for improved services and more as appropriate.
- Organize and manage both a Small College 15s and 7s club national playoff system leading to a National Championship.
- Working closely with the Membership Manager, coordinate the pre-tournament registration and eligibility process for participating teams.
- Support the Marketing Department in the preparation of marketing assets for National Championship events.
- Support the All-Star competitions, All-American selections, Coaching Workshops, etc., as needed.
- Manage the 15s Club National Rankings, both Weekly and End of Season.
- Support the Marketing Department and selection committees in the promotion of NCR Recognition Programs, such as the Player of the Month, Coach of the Month, etc.
- Support new and emerging rugby clubs by sharing best practices on recruiting, fundraising, and club operations.
- Support the organizational needs of local governing bodies (Conferences and Unions) where appropriate.
- Be responsible for all areas related to the development, communication and organization of college rugby clubs per NCR goals and mission.
- Engage key stakeholders, key college/university officials, union/league members and community members on behalf of NCR and provide insight on policies and programs.
- Assist in the development of policies, statements, proposals, reports, etc.
Professional Experience and Skills
- Deep understanding of collegiate women’s rugby structures and existing competitions.
- Responsive to staff and client communications in reasonable time frame.
- Out of box problem solving skills in wide range of situations.
- Solution based thinking to improve the experience for the average participant
The position is a part-time contract role. It’s expected that the commissioner will work an average of 8-12 hours per week, with extended hours during championship events. Compensation is $1,000 per month with all travel expenses covered by NCR.
Submit letter of interest and resume to Angela Smarto at firstname.lastname@example.org.